Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Newest Obsession: Rose Bowl Flea Market

If any of you lucky and fabulous readers live in or around the LA area you MUST go to the Rose Bowl Flea Market at some point in your life. It is a for sure bucket list item!! The Flea Market is held the 2nd Sunday of every month and I had the privilege of going this past Sunday with two wonderful people, my cousin Brooke and dear friend Amber. Brooke has been visiting the flea market along with other fabulous vintage shops for years and taught me the tricks of the trade as we walked along the rows and rows of booths and "shops".





I happened to find some incredible things while I was there and drooled over a bajillion other items too...here is what I walked away with :

Crystal Chandelier Floor Lamp


Set of Turquoise Brushes and Hand Mirror (reminds me of a set my mom has)


And a cake stand with a glass top...for now I filled it with a broken tea cup candle and placed it on top of another cake stand.


What I find hilarious about the fact of now becoming obsessed with the flea market is that I do not consider myself a "digger" by any means. I hate "digging" for clothes at stores like Forever 21 or vintage stores...but this is more of a mission. Shops are continuously putting out new items throughout the day and bargaining is totally accepted. I'm on the hunt for new places like this in the OC/LA area!!

Any recommendations friends??

On a side note...I'm totally on a kick to start working on our upholstered bed. HB is out of town on business right now so I must be patient for his return to help me work the Jig Saw...I did purchase the Nail Head trim #5 for $8 on eBay though :)

Stay tuned for more....I'll blog about bargain furniture Brett picked up from a store that was closing!!

XOXO

Mrs S.

No comments:

Post a Comment