Thursday, July 7, 2011

Update!! Update!! Bella blue bell is complete!!

You know when you spray paint so much your pointer finger and thumb are all noodley?? Yea I have that!!! Butttttt after many hours of painting, potting and primping my newest piece of decor is (almost) COMPLETE!! I have named her Bella Blue Belle as you can tell from the title and she is perfect:)

I started this piece of junk...


Bought a few cans of spray paint from Home Depot...each under $3!! (Please note that I changed the color from Paprika to Satin Turquoise)


Took each part and spray painted them separately.  I made sure to do 2 coats of paint to completely cover over any preexisting "stains" on the cabinet and then let them air dry for 30 minutes.


Once dry, I reassembled the cabinet and placed it in the corner of the patio (Also the best area of sunlight to shade ratio during the day). As you can see I have the flowers up above which included Ivy, Lavender and purple and yellow perennial geraniums.



HB  punched holes into the bottom to help rust from forming on the inside.  I'm sure our neighbors loved that hammering noise!!


I then filled both drawers to the BRIM with Miracle Grow potting Mix ($6 for the large bag) and lightly packed it down. I put the geraniums in the bottom drawer since there would be more shade and the lavender on the top drawer since it can withstand more sun. Each drawer also has 3 ivy plants to help create the "dripping" effect I would eventually like to see from the plants.


After a little TLC and creativity...I GIVE YOU BELLA BLUE BELL!!!

Soon enough the plants will start to grow outside of the boxes and form the overgrown look I am trying to achieve. I am also going to add some hardware to the outside of the drawers to give it a more vintage look and make name tags for each of the flowers represented.

the one thing I love about DIY projects is that they are always changing....maybe next year ill paint it a new color....in a few months I may change out the plants....who knows!!

Hope you enjoyed this Dime Design!! Up next is the challenge of repairing a vintage chandelier from the 40's....

xoxo,

Mrs. S

1 comment: